Friday, March 2, 2012

Will I learn to earn?

so, I've essentially dropped out of my changeMOOC course. I tried participating in Howard Rheingold's session in January but I was winding down my job and it was just too stressful and hectic to keep up. This kind of learning can be very fragmented (all the different channels of communication and nodes to keep track of) and some of the presenters they had were just not very interesting to me.
I'll keep an eye on it and blog if I anything I hear or read makes me thoughtful but I think that is it for my pursuit of the MOOC-model of learning. It doesn't seem to work for me.
So, I was cleaning up some of my open content, open education materials as I re-establish my home office and came across the first course I ever took on open content - David Wiley's Intro to Open Education in 2007!
Turns out David has another course starting (actually it has started) and he's trying a new model where he's hoping we'll work to earn Mozilla badges. I'm curious about this trend towards providing some kind of credits or accreditation (?) for open learning so I think I'll take the plunge.
Therefore....a new Blogger blog to track my progress. Good luck to me. You'd think at my age I would be more self-disciplined.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment